02 April 2017

The Petite French Secretary

In case you missed the recent home tour 2017. It is here.
I don't think I had done one, and if I did, well we were still fixing this place.
It is really nice to look at what we as a family accomplished.

If you have been reading here a while, you know that the porch is my personal favorite space, and recently, I found another reason to spend time here.

This small space for our French secretary desk area was fashioned out of a unused doorway to a bedroom, and it is tucked behind an open French door to the porch.  It has just the right space with lovely light and a often a morning breeze. A personal spot for relaxing... or light reading or gentle living...





I am not without company. In the mornings, Lucy sleeps across from the desk on the other side of the armoire; basking in the breeze from the French door, and she is quite content.









It's a lovely spot.









Just outside one set of doors where Lucy naps, Esther and the poodles continue their morning play, but that doesn't stop them from trying to get a treat early and interrupting Lucy's nap.








I've started making my bouquets here.  I like to have fresh flowers from the garden in the house.
I may have ice tea; today's is passion. 
I also read here sometimes. That's Somerset Life's latest issue, and you can read the lovely article by Dore at Burlapluxe.








Here's another one of those bouquets. I usually use small vases, bowls, and teacups. Except for one bush, most of my roses have shorter stems, because they do well here.








Sometimes, I prefer hot tea here. Early Grey is fine.








Outside my French doors...



Isn't it funny how you can stare at a spot and not know what to do with it!
Ever since my daughter wanted a different desk a couple of years ago, this one had been pushed against a wall in the porch. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. She never uses that door to her bedroom, because she has a desk on the other side of as well! We closed the door, because the two cats were getting lazy. They were only going from the bed to the porch, because that's where everything is. (In case you were wondering... they have a really nice automatic litter box.) Now they have to walk through the house to the porch. Forced exercise...



Featured at:



Shabby Art Boutique


Sharing with;

Shabby Art Boutique






44 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!Hugs,Maristella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Maristella. Have a wonderful week. xoxo Su

      Delete
  2. Lovely! I always know when I see that you have added a post that it is going to be wonderful. Such a charming area you have created and I love the print hanging above the desk.

    Please tell your feline friends that Miss Twiggley sends her meows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, from both of you. That is such a lovely and sincere compliment to hear. Have a wonderful week. xoxo Su

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! Ah, iced tea is my go-to drink year round.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda. Ice tea is the best. xoxo Su

      Delete
  4. Such a pleasant space...I had to really look for the door...what a clever disguise for an unused doorway. Your rose bouquets are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vee. Have a great week ahead. xoxo Su

      Delete
  5. Every little corner of your so lovely home is filled with grace and love, thanks most sincerely for sharing your so charming, good taste !

    Wishing you the best of weeks, darling Su,
    I'm sending blessings across the many miles

    XOXO Dany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Dany. Have a wonderful day. xoxo Su

      Delete
  6. Sooo perfect! Beautiful decorating Su! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. Have a wonderful week. xoxo Su

      Delete
  7. As I was reading along I was thinking that blocking the door on one side will give you a similar space on the back and then I got to the part of your post where you mention that your daughter has a desk on her side as well. Very nice. Fun to see pictures of your furry family members. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lorri. Ha! Intuitive of you... Have a great week. xoxo Su

      Delete
  8. It's such a gorgeous space, Su. It makes me want to write long letters, while I sip tea :)

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, Rue. I agree. Have a wonderful week. xoxo Su

      Delete
  9. I love your porch, too. And your kitchen. And your garden. And....And...And - I could go on and on. I'm so glad you found the perfect spot for your secretary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Barbara, that was really sweet of you to say. Thank you for stopping by, and have a wonderful week. xoxo Su

      Delete
  10. Su I love found spaces in houses, they usually turn into favorite spots or nooks. I have a few in our row-home and to me they are cherished as I can see your desk area is. I always enjoy your petite floral arrangements you create. Lucy knows how to chill, lol.
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vera. Isn't that funny about the odd spaces in old homes!? Trying to make them work is a trick sometimes. Yes, Lucy knows how to chill with attitude. Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful week. xoxo Su

      Delete
  11. Absolutely perfect space! I love the view to the outside and the beautiful furnishings. I would love to spend time at your petite French secretary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah, for stopping in and leaving a sweet comment. I love gardening too. xoxo Su

      Delete
  12. I just took your house tour and I'm in love with every single inch of your home! Soft and calming and absolutely beautiful. I love the nook you've made for your secretary - the perfect spot for reading, writing, relaxing. So glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susan, for visiting and such a lovely message. Have a wonderful week. xoox Su

      Delete
  13. What a beauty! This french desk is absolutely romantic
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. The desk is absolutely gorgeous and you've created the perfect spot for some you-time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It gorgeous. I really have a thing for secretary desks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Katie. Have a great weekend. xoox Su

      Delete
  16. Su, it is truly the desk of my dreams. I love utilising little nooks and spaces like this and I particularly like how you've incorporated the art above the desk.
    I'm so glad you shared it at Create, Bake, Grow and Gather this week and I'm delighted to be featuring this post at today's party.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw this, Kerryanne. Thank you so much! The painting was originally in my daughter's nursery. Back then, except for the crib, I chose items with the intent of using them someday, somewhere else. Have a wonderful weekend. xoxo Su

      Delete
  17. Beautiful! I do love how you shared your photos with us.

    Happy Easter,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carla. Happy Easter to you too. xoox Su

      Delete
  18. Hello Su,

    I truly love your home. It is charming, inviting and well loved. I can only imagine the lovely memories your home holds within its walls.

    Gorgeous photos.

    Warm wishes,

    Janet
    rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Janet, for such a lovely visit and sentiment. xoxo Su

      Delete
  19. The secretary desk is beautiful, Su, and I love the way you've styled the corner. Such a cosy, inviting space for all your quiet moments.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I only just found you but I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I wish I had gotten back sooner. I hope you had a lovely holiday. xoox Su

      Delete
  21. Hi Su,
    The desk is beautiful. Always love to see the beauty you create in your home and also your fur friends too. Happy Easter.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kris. I hope your Easter was lovely. xoxo Su

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su